Nā‘ālehu Theatre, Inc. (hereafter “NT”) is committed to earning and keeping the trust and confidence of our donors. To that end, NT has established the following practices regarding privacy.
Protection of Donor Information
NT understands that a donor’s or prospective donor’s (referred to herein collectively as “Donor”) personal information collected through the fundraising process is sensitive. NT personnel who have access to “Donor Information” (as defined below) are required to sign an internal confidentiality policy, which is reviewed and updated annually, and to acknowledge the ethical policies of the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement, the Association of Fundraising Professionals, and the Donor Bill of Rights.
The following practices guide NT’s recordkeeping on donors:
- Access to information in NT’s donor database and paper files containing personal information of donors or prospective donors (“Donor Information”) is limited to personnel in the Development Department and the Board of Directors for verification purposes.
- Electronic and paper documents maintained by NT and relating primarily to Donor Information will be disposed of when no longer needed.
- NT notifies its vendors, consultants, and other third parties of NT’s confidentiality policies.
- Donors may have reasonably prompt access to their own Donor Information upon written request, but may not view any other records.
- All Donor Information is the property of NT.
General Solicitation Practices
It is NT’s standard practice to include all donors in our regular solicitation schedule. Donors and prospective donors may call or email the development staff to advise how often they wish to be solicited, to not receive solicitations, to not receive any mail at all from NT, or to not receive email. NT will do its best to honor any such request.
NT defines these options as follows:
- One solicitation per year: A donor or prospective donor will receive a solicitation as part of NT’s year-end direct mail appeal. Additionally, donors and prospective donors may also receive email communications from NT if they have provided an email address.
- Do not solicit: A donor or prospective donor will not receive any solicitations from NT. A donor may still receive standard acknowledgments when a gift is made, Required Reading (NT’s donor newsletter), and an annual report.
- Do not mail: The only mail these donors will receive are acknowledgments from NT when a gift is made. These donors may, however, continue to receive email(s). Donors must also request that their record be marked “Do not email ” if they do not wish to receive electronic communications.
- Do not email: For all gifts made online, NT requires donors to submit their email address. However, donors may choose not to receive communication via email through a check-off box at the end of the online donation form. Checking this box will notify NT that the donor does not wish to receive NT’s eNewsletter (unless they have previously subscribed) or any other electronic solicitations. Donors will still receive an automatic electronic acknowledgment for their gift shortly after it is made.
- Anonymous donors: Anonymous donors will continue to receive solicitations and updates on NT.
Please note that NT reserves the right to contact a donor by whatever means necessary should a problem arise with a gift.
Donor requests can be sent to:
Via U.S. Mail:
Nā‘ālehu Theatre, Inc.
Attn: Development Department
P.O. Box 29693
Honolulu, HI 96820
A. Information We Collect and How We Use That Information: Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, email address, mailing address, interests, and similar information. We do not permanently store sensitive information from our visitors, such as social security or credit card numbers (except in the case of recurring donors whose credit cards are charged on a monthly basis in the amount authorized by the donor). We may use your email address to send you NT communications, but you may let us know that you do not want to receive such communications from us.
B. Internet Protocol Address and Other Aggregate Data: We collect an IP address from all visitors to our site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our site, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information. We also automatically collect and store the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the browser software you use, the operating system you use, the date and time you access our site, and the Internet address of the site from which you linked (if any) directly to our site. We use this information only as anonymous aggregate data to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our site, analyze trends, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information in order for us to improve the site, deliver customized, personalized content, and overall make our site more useful.
D. Security: Information provided to NT is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our site that is designed to be only accessible by certain authorized personnel of NT. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100 percent secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
E. Tell-A-Friend; e-cards; eNewsletter: If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend’s name and email address. NT may then elect to send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. NT stores the friend’s email address and name and uses this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. If a user elects to use our e-card feature to send an electronic greeting card to a friend, we ask them for their name and email address as well as the friend’s name and email address. NT may then send the friend a one-time e-card. NT stores the sender’s and the friend’s email address and name and uses this information solely in connection with the e-card feature. If a user elects to send a back issue of our eNewsletter to a friend, we ask them for the friend’s email address. NT may then send the friend the requested eNewsletter. After sending the eNewsletter, NT does not store the recipient’s email address.
F. Other Websites: Our site contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which NT has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
G. Changes to Policy and Contact Information: Except as set forth in the portion of this policy concerning the collection of personal information of children (Section g), NT reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to modify this policy by simply posting such changes on our website. Any modifications will be effective immediately upon posting. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, want to review your personal information collected by NT, or wish to inform us of your solicitation preferences as stated in Section 2, please contact us through any of the following communication channels:
Website requests: visit the contact page